Saturday's Family Workout Class will now be an All Belt Level Form Practice Class (12:30pm). We will be working on student's form's giving them extra time to work on their form as well as learning how to improve your form, general form techniques, theory and even practice some traditional forms that are outside of normal curriculum. So whether you just need a bit of extra practice on your form in the week, or are interested in exploring the depths of traditional Taekwondo Poomse (form) come to our new Form Class, Saturday afternoons @ 12:30pm!!
Please see our in-studio and on-line class schedule here.
MUSA Monthly Membership:
If you plan on taking classes at the studio once we re-open the price will be $150 for individuals & $250 for families.
You will be able to come to as many of the in studio classes for you level as you like each week & will still have access to all of our online classes! If you plan on participating in classes in the studio choose this plan.
Option 1: Two-Class Package - $100.00 for individuals $150.00 for families.
-This option is for students who are only taking up to two classes each week. (You can attend the two classes for your belt rank or mix & match any 2 classes.)
Option 2: Unlimited Classes - $150.00 for individuals $200.00 for families.
This is a very difficult time for everyone. While we cannot interact as we used to in the studio, we are working hard to provide the best experience possible to our students.
Will it be the same as in-person class? Of course not. It will be better in some ways, but not in all. However, we will be able to provide you with instruction, demonstrations, and a workout. Bring on the push-ups!
Remember, as a small local business MUSA depends on your support.
1. At the entry, and providing students with hand sanitizer of 70% Alcohol content or greater to be used upon entry and exit from the school.
2. We will require students(& parents/guardians in the building) to wear face shields or masks(new research suggests face shields to be the better method of protection, simply because people don't touch their faces as much to adjust masks. This also allows for faces to be seen and for less constriction of breath. Face Shields are relatively inexpensive online, but there are also many DIY versions available for those that would prefer a less expensive route.)
3. We will require students to maintain 6-8 feet of distance, we have set up 9'x9' spaces for students to practice in, that will have all the equipment they need for class in this space. Unfortunately, this means no sparring or hands-on instruction/practice. We will require that students remain in their designated square during practice.
4. In order to plan & remain within safe capacity limits we ask that students use our online sign-up tool before attending class. This will ensure your spot in class so you do not arrive at the studio with an already full class. (Google Doc link above)
5. Students will exit through the back of the studio & head down the stairs for pick-up so they don't need to cross paths with those entering the studio.
6. After each class, we will clean each student's designated workout area and the equipment that we used with an EPA approved antibacterial cleaner/spray.
7. At the end of each day, we will do a deep clean of floors, door handles, light switches, sinks, toilets and any equipment, you use an EPA approved antibacterial cleaner/spray. "To our knowledge there haven't been any reported cases of infection from surface-based exposure, but the information surrounding this is constantly evolving and it is still being determined how well the Covid-19 virus survives on surfaces and how easily it is contracted from surface-based exposure".
8. We ask that parents limit their time in the building, if possible staying outside for drop-off & pick-up. Since space in the lobby area is limited only a few parents will be admitted at once. Parents or guardians of younger students who wish to come inside is fine.
9. Please only enter the studio after being admitted by one of the Masters on site. Students (especially younger students) when exiting will be escorted outside after class to the "pick-up" zone, while of course remaining at a safe distance.
10. When taking a "water break" students may be asked to step outside briefly unless they have a bottle with a straw feature that fits under their mask/face covering.
We will adhere to all appropriate recommendations from the CDC and our local health agencies.
Head Master Song and Master Connor are certified by The World Tae Kwon Do Federation and International Hap Ki Do Federation, and have extensive knowledge of the art, exceptional enthusiasm, gentle but firm discipline, and unparalleled patience.